Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tara Miracles

I would like to share with you two "miracles" that has a direct connection to my decision to participate in Tara Dance Program. I found the web-site about the program very easily and at the right time. The moment I  decided that I wanted to express my spirituality through sacred dance, I found the web-site with an announcement about the classes.

1) Only a few days after I have been accepted to the program, I received an email with the word "Tara" in the subject line. I was convinced that it's an email from organizers with additional information about the classes. I was surprised to find out that the email was from a Buddhist Foundation (http://www.fpmt.org/), where I am taking online "Discovering Buddhism" classes for the last year. This special email was devoted to the importance of relying on Tara in daily practice. It had links to useful resources and books.

2) I thought this was very surprising. First, I have never received email from this Foundation before. Second, I have not heard about Tara before. But it's nothing compared to what happened next. When I scrolled down, I saw a few statues of Green and White Tara at the end of the email. I was shocked to discover that I had a similar statue of Tara on my desk for the last two years and didn't know it was Tara. This statue was a present from my grandmother, who also didn't know anything about the existence of this deity. She gave it to me two years ago a symbol of love. This interesting synchronicity had a deep message for me, it showed me that I am on the right path!

Usually, when I see the same topic reappearing in my life, I know it must be important. So I pay more attention to it. This is too much of a coincidence, so I will treat this new sacred practice I introduce into my life very seriously.

Tara is the Divine Mother, Buddha Essence of the Enlightened Feminine?
"Shrouded in mystery, revealed in wonder, the Great Goddess has been adored for millennia. Sculptural evidence discovered in prehistoric caves of 30,000 years ago finds Her worship to be more ancient than humankind has memory.
Legends and myths of every culture praise She Who Brings Forth Life, She Who Is The Embodiment Of Wisdom, The Great Compassionate Mother, The Star Of Heaven. She has been called by many names, she has been revealed in many forms. Her worship continues to this day in ancient cultures of Asia, and in the 21st century‘s search for the lost feminine.
To the Tibetans, She is their Mother, closer than their heartbeat. She is known as Tara, a Sanskrit word meaning Star. We hear the echoes of Her name in the Latin Terra, Mother Earth.
The Druids called their Mother Goddess Tara. An ancient saga of Finland said to be 5 million years old speaks of Tar, the women of wisdom. An tribe of indigenous peoples in the South American jungles, the Tarahumara, worship the Goddess.
The Cheyenne people tell of Star Woman who fell from the heavens to the earth, and that out of Her body all essential food grew. She sent Her people to mate with the more primitive inhabitants of earth, thereby giving them the capacity for wisdom. This legend is echoed in the more modern research of Z. Sitchin who tells of IshTar who came to earth from another planetary system and instructed her people to intermarry with earthlings, making them capable of many things.
To the Tibetans, even higher than a god or goddess is a Buddha, a being who has gone beyond the rounds of birth and death. Such an enlightened one has attained the highest wisdom, compassion and capability. Tara is so highly thought of that she is said to be the Mother of all the Buddhas.
Buddhas integrate all aspects and possibilities. They are one with all that exists. They can manifest bodies of light and radiance and they can emanate bodies of form into the world in order to bring benefit to this world of challenges and confusion. Tara, Herself, is a Buddha.
Tara is known to the Tibetans as The Faithful One, The Fierce Protectoress, and to this day there are stories carried out of Tibet by refugees, fleeing from the horrors of Chinese occupation, that tell of Her intervention and assistance in their lives.
In the system of mind-training practices offered by the great masters of Tibetan wisdom, Tara is an archetype of our own inner wisdom. This wisdom speaks of a transformation of consciousness, a journey to freedom. In the teachings of Tara there are simple and direct means for each person to discover within themselves the wisdom, compassion and glory that is Tara.

More information about Tara Dhatu organization is here: http://www.taradhatu.org/about/what-is-tara-dhatu/ 

No comments: