Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Monday, July 18, 2011

Supportive Practices for Creating the Life You Want

For the next few months I’m going to commit to building a better, fuller, and happier life for myself. I have formulated my intention that I will repeat every morning, before going to bed at night, and before starting any important activity:

“I choose to be in my natural state of continuous happiness and joy.”

I like this statement, because it stresses the fact that it is natural for us to be happy and joyous and emphasizes continuously enjoying life. My goal is to gradually increase the amount of time I spend in this care-free blissful state. This doesn’t mean, of course, ignoring all negative events that happen around and adopting a Polyanna attitude. I simply would like to exercise my choice to focus on what I want to attract in my life. I know that by choosing to focus my attention on beauty and harmony around me, I’m inviting more of the same things into my life.

I’ve started reading a few books that will help me in this process of making a positive change in my life and came up with a list of following supportive strategies and practices that I’m going to use. These are general principles of self-care that will complement exercises recommended in the books I’m currently reading. 

1. Put yourself at the top of the list. Understanding and learning to love myself the way I am will help me to build a deep connection with my Higher Self and create the life that aligns with my true values. 
2. Determine your priorities. Knowing what’s really important to me will help me to ensure that I focus my time and attention on important things. 
3. Eliminate the factors that drain your energy. 
4. Stay on top of your finances. 
5. Create a list of activities that fuel you and do something nourishing daily if possible, no judgment if less. 
6. Surround yourself with supportive community. 
7. Meditate or take some time for yourself regularly. 
8. Move your body. 
9. Get enough sleep. 
10. Eat healthy foods. 
11. Regularly engage in some kind of creative expression, like singing, dancing, writing, playing an instrument, or drawing. 
12. Keep a journal to keep track of your experiences, thoughts, and inspirations as you go through the process of changing your life for the better.

No comments: