Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

This week I watched a great movie "Eat, Pray, Love". After being told about the book by many people, I went for an easier option first. I will still read the book soon... I think the movie is good, but have heard that the book is much better. I can understand how the book may have the benefit of learning from first hands the story of self exploration through visiting different places and meeting different people. There is a beautiful analogy between the story of the main character and the life-long search for truth that everyone is going through. Of course, in the movie it is taken to extremes, when the main character feels completely lost and leaves her job, family, and friends for a year to go to Italy, India, and Bali. We all go through period of inner crises or conflicts, and how well we transcend these difficult situations determines how much we can learn from them. Overall, I found the main message of the movie very powerful. We need to appreciate balance in our lives much more, and be easier on ourselves, love and cherish our inner drives and desires.   

No comments: