Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Online Gita Talk and Discovering Buddhism Program

Online Bhagavat Gita Series
The Elephant Journal is giving free online seminar on the Bhagavat Gita. The Bhagavad Gita is one of the three fundamental ancient Yoga texts, along with the Upanishads and the Yoga Sutra. The series of online discussions is based on the Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation  by Stephen Mitchell, but readers report that they were able to follow using different translations.

They have also created a Facebook site for the series.

A few days ago, I have found this excellent collection of free books on Yoga, Religion, and Philosophy published by the Divine light society. You can find the Bhadavad Gita there, or use another online resource, like this one.

If you know about good resources for spiritual books, let me know.

Online Discovering Buddhism Program

I am also studying Buddhist Meditation module of the Discovering Buddhism Program on FPMT website. This module is free and gives a very thorough beginning information on how to meditate with a complete reading list, downloadable readings and audio instructions. I'm planning to finish the program this year. I need  4-5 weeks to complete the Meditation module and have all the materials for Mind and Its Potential module. I intentionally want to go slow to absorb the material fully and make it a part of my everyday life.

If you would like to join the discussion about the Bhagavat Gita or meditation, follow this blog and comment on my posts if you feel like it.
 

No comments: