Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 1: 365-Day Transformation through Love Project

Today is the first day of my 365-Day Transformation Project. I'm starting with a juice feast that I plan to continue for 92 days. 

Beautiful and Relaxing Day in Charlotte
Yesterday, I came back form Charlotte, NC. We have stayed in a beautiful hotel in downtown. Onur, my boyfriend, was interviewing there and I came to support him from Atlanta. I hope he’ll get this job, we had a good feeling about how it went. and liked the city. While Onur was busy interviewing on Wednesday, I stayed at the hotel room , drank my master cleanse drink, did some yoga, and relaxed. It was a very nice day. 

Then we went out at night and I ate some cooked food at the bar, but it felt good. On Thursday, I started my day with a master cleanse drink, ate a salad at the airport and a banana-mango-walnuts smoothie when I got home. So I think my body was ready to start juicing again.



 








Day # 1: Enjoying my Juices 
I actually enjoyed my day today. I had a very productive day at work. Luckily, the weather in Atlanta is amazing right now. It’s sunny and warm during the day. I even wanted to go running when I got home, but was too tired and decided to take a nap. I should definitely watch my schedule and try to go to bed before midnight, because having a good rest is very important not only for the body but also for spiritual growth.

I enjoyed my juices so much today. I think I have finally learned to make good juices. The secret is to keep it simple and use only a few ingredients in each juice, so that the tastes are distinguishable. I think I drank about 3 liters of juice with 1/3 of this amount being fruit juice.

My Juices for Today
I started the days with a green juice that had a cucumber, 4 carrots, 2 apples, a bunch of dill, and celery. I drank this juice before going to work and took another citrus juice for lunch. It had a grapefruit, 4 tangerines, 2 oranges and 2 pears. It was good too. 


 










 

Right now I’m drinking a juice that I made for the first time, but it turned out to be great. I like to add garlic in my juices when I’m not going to go out. This juice was based on red cabbage, 4 tomatoes, kale and dandelion, plus 3 cloves of garlic and leeks. 

Supplements
I wanted to say a few words about the supplements that I’m using now. All of them are recommended on juicefeasting.com, and you can get more detailed information about each of them on this website.
 
I usually start my day with two glasses of warm water with lemon juice and 1 tbsp of MSM and take 3 caps of Vitalzym. I add 4 drops of Zeolite, 1 tbsp of Vitamineral green, some kelp and 1 tbsp of either spirulina or chlorella, or both in my morning juice and the same ingridients in my evening juice. Sometimes I add a pinch of sea salt in my green juices to make them taste better. During the days I drink plenty of water and hot tea (peppermint or other herbal tea). I take a tbsp of bee pollen with my night tea. Last time I also use coconut oil, but I like it so much that I think it made me crave other food too at the end. I decided to take hemp oil and avoid coconut oil so far. I’m also not a fan of spirulina. I’m really sensitive to its smell. Today, I have added half a table spoon of spirulina and chlorella in my green juice and haven’t noticed it, which is good.

I’m going to meditate and go to bed now. Tomorrow, I will get up early, around 5.00 am to do yoga, morning meditation and prepare juices for the day. Then I will go to the National Geographic Traveler seminar "The Versatile Travel Photographer".  I’m very excited about this event and hope to learn some tips from world renowned photographers.

After the seminar, I will go shopping for my greens and veggies. I still have some oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, and lemons left, but need to buy some more green juiciness. I love shopping when I’m juicing, it’s such a delight to be able to immerse into the world of fresh produce and choose the plants that smell and look good to me.  

No comments: