Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 2: February Cleanse

I am partially happy with how my day went today. I was more efficient than ever at work and in a very good mood. I really see the connection right now between what we eat and how we feel. It might be in part just growing confidence that I can actually be in control of my eating habits. But I'll come back to it later and explain why I'm only partially happy. 

I have started my day with 2 glasses of water with lemon juice. Then, I spent 15 minutes making my juice. I took some of it with me to work. 

To make green juice I used:

4 small cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 1 savoy cabbage, 1 bunch of parsley, 1.5 lemon, same scallion and celery
It produced about 1 liter of juice. 



By the way, laxative tea appeared to be a very pleasant thing. Without too much unnecessary details, I'll just say it worked in the morning quite naturally. I'm planning to use it every other day during the first week. I feel that using it every day would be too much for me. I'm a petite person, and usually my stomach is very sensitive to any external substances I consume.  

I was planning to make some more of my favorite juice that I loved last night with cherries, orange, and lemon, but some colleagues invited me to a vegetarian Indian restaurant. At first I wanted to cancel, but then I thought that these things will happen anyway, life continues, and I can't hide or avoid social situations. For example, I was very proud of myself at lunch. I have attended a workshop where they served sandwiches with turkey, chips, and coke. I didn't take a "free" sandwich, although everyone around me was chewing them. I just poured a glass of water and added some lemon juice, and it was not a big deal. I noticed that I missed the smell of bread though. 

So, at 6.00 pm we went to a vegetarian Indian restaurant. I enjoyed the food, but the food was not the biggest highlight of the night for me. A good conversation was. I should admit, I spent some time before dinner fantasizing about delicious samosas and other non-existent food, which was not even that great at the end. This made me realize that I'm still attached to my old habits, which is not surprising, given that they were formed during 31 years of my life. It will take a while to replace old thinking patterns with the new ones. 

I think I need to develop a strategy that I will follow whenever such situations occur. Let's say, somebody invites me to lunch or dinner. What do I do? Say no, thank you, or go and compromise my plan. I think it will depend on the situation. And I did say no to lunch on Monday and didn't take inviting sandwiches today. So, I'm not going to give up, of course. This is life, and it is my first obstacle on this journey. I will continue juice feasting and add one more day to the 7 days I originally planned. I'm learning how to incorporate raw food diet into my life in the best way. So, I'm happy this has happened. I think being flexible sometimes is good, as long as I know what is my ultimate goal and keep my eyes on it.

No comments: