Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 3: 365-Day Transformation through Love Project

Today I drank a lot of green juice and finished the day with delicious orange-grapefruit-tangerines juice. I enjoyed my morning green juice from cabbage, tomatoes, carrots and a cucumber with some dill and leeks. 

Also I have read a new book by Tracy Lydiatt "Your Green Family Blueprint" that you can see on the picture above. I like Tracy's fresh perspective on "going green". She stresses that every family is unique, and we should decide ourselves what works best for us. She provides many worksheet that guide your household through a decision making process of what to "avoid, dematerialize, substitute, phase out, or exercise precaution about or investigate".Tracy got her Masters in Sustainability from Blekinge Institute of Technology in Karlskrona in Sweden and studied there with my good friend Lora. If you would like to take advantage of the book launch promotions, go to http://howgreenismyfamilynow.com/. Prizes and free gifts are available to you when you purchase the book until FEBRUARY 21st.


Reading Tracy's book reminded me of "No Impact Man" movie that I have seen a few weeks ago. I attended the movie screening and conversation with Colin Beavan at Emory University and even could ask him a question. Here is a picture of him speaking. I asked him about what he decided to keep in his life after the year of no impact was over. He answer made sense to me. He said he still feels inspired to talk about it to other people, and this is the most valuable change that he kept after the project was over. Also, he said that switching to a different diet or life style was not a problem for him, but talking about the project to press made him much more uncomfortable, because he had to think about what it meant for him.

My second juice pictures. Yum!

No comments: