Messages of Love

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it!
**********************************************************************************************************************

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 2: 365-Day Transformation through Love Project

It's day 2 and I'm continue on my juice feast. Although today I didn't have time in the morning to make juice, I made a few liters of master cleanse drink from fresh lemon juice, raw organic honey, and organic cayenne pepper. I put very little cayenne pepper, because I can't drink it when it's too hot. The master cleanse drink lasted until 9.00 pm at night. I took it with me to the National Geographic workshop. 

The workshop was great. Tons of information that will take time for me to process. I'm glad I could attend. There was a lunch served at the workshop, but I didn't give in. I took my lemon-honey-cayenne drink, went outside and enjoyed the sun for about 45 minutes. I missed the sun light and spending time outside is very good for connecting with the Earth and the Sun. So I enjoyed it!

I went to Whole Foods after the workshop and bought some more greens and veggies. Now I have a variety of greens. I also bought some wheat grass and sunflower sprouts to add in my juices. Another new vegetable I'm going to try is fennel. 

Today, I could realize more clearly where the uncontrollable desire to eat comes from. The main cause of this obsessive urge comes from our feelings of unhappiness with who we are and of being inadequate. in some  way.  It's not a true hunger for food, but an addictive need to cure this state of dis-ease.  We medicate our unhappiness with food. We think that food will make us happy, even for a moment. It's better to focus on feeling good, safe, and loved, than giving up to unconscious eating habits.

I would like to thank Lyn Hicks for her words of encouragement and support. Her wise advice is to "Enjoy the journey and remember to stay as present as you can!" I will try to do it as much as I can. 

Another inspiring message that is related to Lyn's kind advice comes from Flying Yogini's blog in the form of Thich Nhat Hanh’s words:

"Breathing in, I calm my body.
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment
I know this is a wonderful moment.”

I needed to hear these words today. I will start my meditation tomorrow with these beautiful mantra.

No comments: